Friday, November 14, 2008

A little Surprise....

Well, i left my last post, saying that I would begin my official blog, and that John and I would officially start trying for a baby on CD1. I figured I'd be back in a couple of weeks.

*warning* - details ahead that some might not care to know.

When I was younger, I was one of the most "regular" people I know. I could plan everything, because I always knew when AF was going to arrive. I could clock it almost to the hour. Then of course, because of the amazing way our bodies work, that changed when I went to college. Once my body adapted to living near 100s of girls, I was once again, every 28 days.

When I first got married, I went on BC because we knew there was no way to have a baby at the first of the marriage. It seemed to go downhill from there. I tried many different types of BC, but couldn't deal with any of them. If they didn't keep me nauseated 24/7, they turned me into a TOTALLY different person. I drank bottles of Emmetrol. But... when I say different - I mean - MEAN. I broke things, yelled at people, and hurt myself when I was mad (I would put rubber bands around my wrist, and pop them until my arm bruised..). Yeah - maybe psycho was the word I should have used. My last shot at BC was the OrthoEvra Patch. It seemed to do good for a while, but one night, i turned on my ex husband, and he threatened to yank the patch off, and throw the rest away. I had just put it on that night. Mind you, these things are supposed to stay on for a week - through sweat, showers, rainfall, snow, sleet...well - I think you get the picture, so you can imagine how much sticky is on those things. I was so mad - i just ripped it off, and slapped it on him, and was like "FINE!!! YOU WEAR IT!!!" Oh, guys really aren't supposed to handle those things because of the hormones. oops.

ok..Anyways - I finally gave up on BC, and one time, I really thought I was pregnant. I was late by about 10 days, but every HPT I took was negative!! I couldn't figure it out. That's when it really began. Almost every month, i started having to take meds to make AF come, and once I even ended up in the hospital. I had laid on the bathroom floor for about 14 hours in awful pain, and finally went to the ER. I had ruptured ovarian cysts, and was bleeding internally. It wasn't too serious - they just wanted to keep an eye on the bleeding. Around that time is when the NuvaRing came out. It was brand-spankin' new. My Dr. wanted me to try it out, because he said it would reduce the risk of having another ruptured cyst. It worked! I wasn't nauseated, and I didn't turn into a witch! YAY!

There came a time when we finally decided it was time to try for a baby. Well, once I got off BC, it was the same story all over again. I would go 2-3 months without a period, so I never knew when I was ovulating, fertile, or anything. I had no signs. I went through a few rounds of clomid, and my body was doing everything it was supposed to - except releasing an egg. The clomid made me miserable, and then he had a stroke, so we kinda had to stop trying. We never had a baby. After I moved out, I went back on BC, and this time, even on BC, I wasn't regular. I used to start 1-2 days after removing the ring, but this time, it would take 5-6 days. I learned to deal with it.

Before John and I got married, we talked about whether or not I would finish my last 3 months of BC or not. I was due to take the ring out the weekend before the wedding, so I opted to leave the ring in an extra few days, so that I wouldn't have a nice visitor on my wedding day. :-) It worked. I started 3 days after we were married. Oh, we had decided that I could quit my BC, because I knew my body would have to take a while to adjust again. I told him how messed up my cycles were now, and told him that it could take us a while to get pregnant.

Well, to shorten this up - I had a nice little surprise last night! AF came. on. her. own. I've never been so excited to see her!! 29 days! Woo hoo!! I've been praying that God would heal my body, and bless us with a baby. I am trying not to get too excited, because this could be a total fluke, but I'm hoping not.

I'm not quite ready to use all the "tools" to try yet, I want to see if we can do it on our own. I am using Fertility Friend, though to track certain things. We shall see!!

:-)

Oh, and sorry for this being such a long post.

No comments: